What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a tool that enables you to analyse your website’s traffic and the user behaviour on your website. The Google Analytics tool also provides the geographic location of users browsing your website. Google Analytics gives you the ability to evaluate the quality of your Google AdWords traffic (pay per click traffic) down to the keyword level.
Benefits of using Google Analytics
Google Analytics helps you understand how users interact with your website. Using this knowledge you can make changes to your site and track the effectiveness of these changes.
With Google Analytics you can analyse:
- Where your site visitors are coming from
- What keywords people use to find your site
- What people do when visiting your site
- What marketing initiatives are most effective on your site
- How much time people spend on your site
- How often people return to your site
Example Google Analytics Information
Examples of information that can be obtained from Google Analytics are shown below.